Macular Degeneration Eye Disease
Macular degeneration is a progressive and chronic eye disease that will gradually destroy your sharp central vision as a result of macular deterioration, which is a tiny spot located in the central portion of your retina. Symptoms of macular degeneration may include:
- Declining vision that is noticed by you or by Dr. Goberville during a routine eye exam
- A formation of new blood vessels under the macula that is typically discovered through an eye exam
- When looking at straight lines they appear distorted
- A blurry, dark or white-out appears in the center of your vision
- Your color perception changes or completely diminishes
In most cases, eye treatment to reverse the damage caused by macular degeneration isn’t possible; however, protection from sunlight, supplements, quitting smoking and eating a well-balanced diet may help to reduce the risk and progression of this type of eye disease.
If you are like most people, your sight is the most helpful of all of your senses. Your vision allows you to understand and navigate what is around you. So, it is extremely important to take good care of your eyes and visit your optometrist in Boca Raton routinely, so your eyes will work properly into the future.
Contact Our Trusted Optometrists in Lighthouse Point and Coral Springs Today!
Residents of Lighthouse Point and Coral Springs, FL should contact Dr. Goberville today to schedule a comprehensive eye exam at 954-451-0400.